September 14-17, 2023
Dear VBA members,
The VBA Tunbridge Fair Committee is again soliciting honey (and other bee-related products) to be sold at the Fair.
This activity is the largest annual fund-raiser and promotional event for the VBA. To make this process both fair and simple, we have a few guidelines for your submissions:
- You must be a current member of the VBA.
- Wherever possible your containers should be of standard commercial variety and sizes, such as Queenline jars, NOT Mason jars or the like.
- Name, contact info and town must be shown on all containers.
- Honey may be sold in one pound, two and 1/2 pound and five-pound containers.The prices will be$10-$25-$40.
- You will have a limit of one case of 24 one-pound jars, or the equivalent.
- Income split is 80/20,beekeeper/VBA
- You must submit an invoice with the number of containers you hope to sell.
- You may submit hive-based products with ingredients that are commonly considered to be food items or hive products such as propolis, beeswax, and pollen so long as they contain no ingredients described in the next section.
- You may NOT submit any honey or hive product that contains ingredients that are considered to be:
- Dietary supplements as defined by the (FDA) https://www.fda.gov/food/dietary-supplements/dietary-supplement-products-ingredients
- Drugs or drug products as defined by the FDA https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/daf/index.cfm?event=glossary.page
- Any product that is added to honey or hive based products to provide a therapeutic or medical effect.
Collection points on or before Tuesday, September 13, will be:
Rutland and Bennington Counties
Windham and Windsor Counties
Or go directly to the Fair Sept. 13 at the Dodge-Gilman Building between 12-5 p.m.
Honey may NOT be delivered during the Fair itself, Sept. 14-17, even if you are volunteering in the VBA booth. We hope that if you have four or fewer jars remaining to be sold, you will consent to donate them to a local food shelf in Tunbridge or Sharon. If you have more unsold, they will be returned to the place where you delivered it. ((Please plan to pick it up as soon as possible.) The VBA Treasurer will mail you a check for your portion of the sales.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill Mares at 802-598-6226.
Your Tunbridge Fair Committee: Peter Hadeka, Bob Haven, Ron Hernandez, Bill Mares, Bob Stoddard, Mary Stoddard, Dannah Bresser