VBA Members: As we've been telling you, H.205 is an important piece of legislation that could change beekeeping in Vermont. We ask you to read the following and take action.
- Ask your legislators to support the changes to the bill (H.205) recommended by the VBA as outlined here. (Login required to access some areas of the VBA website.) If you don't know how to contact your legislators you can easily locate them with this tool:
Find your State Legislator
- Please contact ALL your legislators, especially those on the Senate Ag committee and express gratitude for their time;
Senate Ag Committee Contact Information:
- Sen. Robert Starr, Chair
- Sen. Christopher A. Pearson, Vice Chair
- Sen. Ruth Hardy, Clerk
- Sen. Brian Collamore
- Sen. Anthony Pollina
- Encourage them to support cooperation between the Agency of Agriculture and VBA in developing educational programs and;
- Encourage them to support the new positions (pollinator protection and enforcement specialists) as long as the full-time apiary inspector is retained.