Saskatraz bees from Mann Lake

Saskatraz bees from Mann Lake was created by Lindsey Simanskas

Hello,
Was wondering if any members have tried the Saskatraz bees that are being sold through Mann lake and what your results where? Or if anyone is ordering/ picking them up this spring? I would be interested in trying them and willing to contribute some gas money.
Lindsey

Here is a link about them
saskatraz.com/index.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Reed
1 year 3 months ago #2586

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Mike Palmer on topic Saskatraz bees from Mann Lake

I received 25 Saskatraz queens from Albert Robertson in Saskatchewan. He's the originator of the stock. Becaise I got them later in July, we used them for requeening. I haven't had them long enough to have an opinion.

The Saskatraz queens from Mann Lake are raised in California by Olivarez. Albert sends breeders to Olivarez.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lindsey Simanskas, Jim Reed, Ronald H. Bartemy Jr., Frank Gouchoe
1 year 2 months ago #2589

Replied by Lindsey Simanskas on topic Saskatraz bees from Mann Lake

Thank you Mike for your reply, have you made any observations on the the 25 requeened hives this year. Cleansing flights etc.
1 year 1 month ago #2611

Replied by Mike Palmer on topic Saskatraz bees from Mann Lake

No, they're all over in NY, and I haven't been there yet.
1 year 1 month ago #2625

Replied by Timothy Appleton on topic Saskatraz bees from Mann Lake

Mike,
I'd be interested in your continued assessment of the Saskatraz bees. Others would too and I am looking to try them this year. Thanks for any info.
-Tim
3 months 1 week ago #2800

Replied by Peter Hadeka on topic Saskatraz bees from Mann Lake

The Vermont Beekeeping Supply in Williamstown has some history about this breed. I know the price just increased from their supplier. Perhaps you could reach out to Sheri for more info. They have them available for order this spring. I believe they have a booth at the farm show as well. Closer than Mann Lakes. Think spring !
3 months 1 week ago #2801

swarm3

beekeep2

mentor2

rss2