I think one of my hives has possibly been exposed to some sort of poison and I’m wondering what to do (if there is anything I can do...) I went to check on my bees today and noticed one of my hives had a pile of dead bees on the floor outside the hive. Some of the dead bees had their tongues out ( which I’ve read is a classic sign of poisoning). There were several bees on the front porch which were shaking / shivering.
I located the queen in the hive and she looked to be unaffected - eggs and brood in all stages were present. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.