Membership Email

Paul Yanus created the topic: Membership Email

Can someone explain why threatening VBA membership emails are sent out when my VBA membership does not expire until next year? He is what I received this morning: This May Be Your Last Update From Vermont Beekeepers Association
If not renewed, this will be the last email update you receive from us.
Membership Status
• Your Regular Membership will expire on 05-13-2019
(244 days left)
The topic has been locked.

Wayne Stowell replied the topic: Membership Email

Hi Paul
I wouldn't let it bother me too much, I too received the same letter as well and I am paid up thru June of next year. I believe it is a blanket email sent to all members paid up or no. Just a reminder to people to renew if they haven't and are going to. I don't know how they could have said it without offense to someone. Just somebody has to do it.

Greg Smela replied the topic: Membership Email

Paul -

I've attached below the complete text of the message that was sent to everyone on the VBA mailing list. (You provided a few lines from the message that are out of context and give a very different message.)

The purpose of the message was this: Over the course of the past several years the mailing list had not been properly updated as members dropped from the roles. Consequently, many people were receiving VBA communications who should not have. We cleaned up the list the other night and sent out the message below - in its entirety - to remind people who may still want to receive our communications that they should renew their membership.

There is absolutely nothing threatening about the message we sent. Please read the entire message again especially the first lines:

Is your VBA Membership Current?

If so, you'll continue to receive our email updates...

What you are saying is not supported by the facts. If you'd like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me by email.

Greg Smela

This May Be Your Last Update From
Vermont Beekeepers Association

If so, you'll continue to receive our email updates and access to the VBA website. (We send email newsletters at least once a month or more often depending on the season.)

If not, this will be the last email update you receive from us.

How can you check to see if your membership is current? Easy!

Visit www.vermontbeekeepers.org and login to the site. Once you've done that you can look on the right column of the home page for your membership status. It will look something like this:

Membership Status

Your Regular Membership will expire on 05-13-2019
(244 days left)

If your membership has expired this will be the last communication you receive from us. We don't want that to happen so please renew your membership today at: www.vermontbeekeepers.org/join-vba

The same link allows you to join or renew your VBA membership. Please take a moment and do so today. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Paul Yanus replied the topic: Membership Email

Greg,
No I did not take it out of context, I opened my email and this is what I found:

This May Be Your Last Update From
Vermont Beekeepers Association

If so, you'll continue to receive our email updates and access to the VBA website. (We send email newsletters at least once a month or more often depending on the season.)

If not, this will be the last email update you receive from us.

How can you check to see if your membership is current? Easy!

Visit www.vermontbeekeepers.org and login to the site. Once you've done that you can look on the right column of the home page for your membership status. It will look something like this:

Membership Status
• Your Regular Membership will expire on 05-13-2019
(244 days left)
If your membership has expired this will be the last communication you receive from us. We don't want that to happen so please renew your membership today at: www.vermontbeekeepers.org/join-vba

I do not appreciate receiving horrific, threatening email when the email message has nothing to do with me and I also do not like being accused of taking it out of context when I used your words. If you are sending out a general email to the membership do not start with a threatening opening statement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Wilson

Don Varney replied the topic: Membership Email

Sorry, but since these replies keep showing up in my email I can't help but read them and now feel compelled to respond.
"horrific threatening email" ? Really? This kind of "special snowflake" thinking is really getting out of hand. If a bulk mailing to remind everyone to make sure their dues are current is now horrific and threatening then I'm afraid the end of the world must be at hand. Read the news if you want to see horrific and threatening stuff but let's not condemn the efforts of the people that generously volunteer to keep the organization running and fiscally sound. If your dues are paid (and they thoughtfully included your status so you don't have to wonder if there is an administrative error) then smile, delete the email and think about your fall mite treatment. Life is to short to be offended by something as small as this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Wilson

swarm3

beekeep2

mentor2

rss2