If You Missed the August 31 Workshop...
VBA's Fred Putnam, Jeff Battaglini, and Tony Antonucci collaborated to present this AMA online workshop on August 31. This is the time of year where your actions can make the difference between your colonies surviving the winter or not. If you missed the workshop the recorded video is available online. Simply login to the VBA site and look for Past Workshop & Events Recordings under the Calendar menu.
Topics covered include: Late season swarm control – Demaree method, mite (and virus) control - new HBHC Varroa management guide, readying colonies for Fall, value of pollen subs and when to use them, analyzing issues attendees might have had with their colonies and more...
Webinar: Winter Bee Biology
From SABA and NY Bee Wellness: Dr. Gard Otis discusses the biology of winter bees and how beekeepers can keep them healthy to improve the colony’s winter survival.
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 7:30 PM until 8:30 PM
This is an external webinar hosted by NY Bee Wellness. There is no cost to attend, but you must register in advance by clicking on the following link: Webinar Registration
VBA 2022 Summer Meeting
Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 8:30am - 4:30pm
Brandon Town Hall, Brandon, VT
Last Minute Notes About
the VBA Summer Meeting
Here are a few important things to keep in mind if you are planning to attend Saturday's meeting in Brandon. (Registration information and details are available below.)
- COVID-19 is still an issue to contend with. If you feel at all unwell, or if you have been around someone who is sick or tested positive, or if you have tested positive, please stay home. Although masks are not required you may certainly wear one.
- Please be sure to pre-register - see below for more information about the meeting and the agenda.
Please bring any raffle items for the fundraising raffle.
- We will have two ASL Interpreters participating in the meeting.
See you Saturday!
The preliminary meeting agenda is available. Please register today for this important meeting - free for all VBA members.
Registration is required - No walk-ins. Attendance limited to 150 people. Please note: Masks are NOT required but will be available if you'd like one.
Sell Honey @ the Tunbridge World's Fair
September 15-18, 2022
Dear VBA members,
The VBA Tunbridge Fair Committee is again soliciting honey (and other bee-related products) to be sold at the Fair.
This activity is the largest annual fund-raiser for the VBA. To make this process both fair and simple, we have a few guidelines for your submissions:
Ask Me Anything (About Beekeeping)
If you missed our Ask Me Anything (About Beekeeping) workshop this week, the recording is available to VBA members (along with many others) online. Simply login to the site and look under the Calendar menu. (Co-hosted by VBA members, Fred Putnam, Tony Antonucci, and Jeff Battaglini.)
- Preventing the spread of diseases esp. AFB
- Re-queening calendar and recordkeeping (if a colony is queenless)
- Summer actions to prep for winter.
- Mite management and virus loads - options for this time of the year
- Weather impacts - Dealing with too little or too much rain
- Water supply
- Pollen sub
- Dearths or not
- Extracting tips
- Tips on handling defensive colonies