Tuesday, 24 July 2018
  2 Replies
  267 Visits
I think one of my hives has possibly been exposed to some sort of poison and I’m wondering what to do (if there is anything I can do...) I went to check on my bees today and noticed one of my hives had a pile of dead bees on the floor outside the hive. Some of the dead bees had their tongues out ( which I’ve read is a classic sign of poisoning). There were several bees on the front porch which were shaking / shivering.
I located the queen in the hive and she looked to be unaffected - eggs and brood in all stages were present.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
4 years ago
Based on your description it also sounds like a paralysis virus.....IAPV or something in that family.
4 years ago
Hello,  that is pretty scary.  I would suggest that you contact the Vt. Apiary Inspector,  Dave Tremblay for his thoughts.  Good luck.  
  • Page :
  • 1
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!